Wednesday, March 13, 2019

My Story, His Glory

 

Lord,

Might I have been given a different story,

An easier one, a quieter life,

One filled with more love and less pain?

But that wasn't my story, was it Lord,

You had a different plan for me.

You used my choices

And those of the people around me

To draw me closer to You.

My life had a different purpose,

One that taught me to walk with You.

I fell to my knees again and again,

Though I had trouble coping with my life,

I learned something important along the way.

I learned to look up.

I learned to lift my eyes

And seek You in all things,

My pain wasn't in vain.

My life taught me the most important thing,

I learned what it meant to be Your child.

I felt the amazing love that lives within Your heart.

I felt Your passion and devotion for me.

I learned that I had a true friend who was always with me.

I found my voice so I could share my story with the world

And give You all the glory.

I tell of the wonderful and miraculous things You have done for me

And purpose can be found in the hardest of times,

Because they drove me to pursue You.

You broke through the walls of anger and pain,

The hopelessness that I felt.

You reached down and held me close

And caught my every tear.

Day after day we walked together,

You gave me wisdom

And helped me understand.

You opened my eyes so I could truly see You.

I learned to praise You in the storms.

You let me taste a bit of heaven.

I've soared high into the clouds and seen Your beauty.

I have felt Your mercy and Your grace.

I have learned what it means to be Your child.

My story is part of Your story

And I want it to be for Your glory.

Thank You for making me part of Your story.

Thank You for loving me.

Thank You for walking next to me.

Amen.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment