Thursday, May 9, 2019

A Prayer for the Storms

Lord, I pray to You in the morning,

I pray again most every night.

I thought I was in a good place

And getting most things right.

But before I knew it,

I was drawn into an argument,

Which quickly turned into war.

Hurtful words were spoken,

Tears of pain ran down my face.

They cut right through me,

Then my heart began to break.

I fought my way through it,

Thinking I could fix this,

I could do this on my own.

Then the lightening cracked

And the thunder roared,

Things went horribly wrong.

What I needed was Your guidance,

Your light shining through.

I needed Your help in the darkness,

Showing me a way to get back to You.

We needed Your love in our hearts,

Words of kindness

Needed to be spoken

So healing could begin.

Although I pray to You

In the morning,

And again most every night,

Now I realize I need

To seek You Throughout my day and night.

When the battle lines are drawn

And the storms are pouring down,

I need You more than ever,

I need to hear what You have to say.

God, please guide us

To Your love and grace,

Help us find Your peace today.

Amen.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment